Greener, Leaner, Cleaner
To “infuse sustainable design principles into our projects” is a Lamp Rynearson goal. Lamp Rynearson has applied innovative thinking to find a better, more sustainable way to achieve successful project results.
Envision Sustainable Infrastructure Rating System - Sharing Our Knowledge
By providing a framework for evaluating and rating this community, environmental, and economic benefits of all types and sizes of infrastructure projects, Envision™ gives recognition to infrastructure projects.
Mike McMeekin, Lamp Rynearson's President, and Nancy Pridal, Vice President have shared their enthusiasm for using the Envision system and its long term benefits. Audiences such as the Mid-America Regional Council (MARC) event in Kansas City and the Colorado Association of General Contractors Breakfast with the Board event are just a few.
NetZero Water Planning Template
The Colorado Water Innovation Cluster and the Colorado Clean Energy Cluster have partnered to support the development of the Net Zero Water Planning Template (NZW). NZW is a water management concept that builds off net zero energy and climate neutrality innovation. Water neutral has been defined to mean only using as much water as falls on a site and eliminating all water quality impacts from the site. In essence, NZW focuses on understanding your water footprint and taking action to reduce consumption and improve water quality. Lamp Rynearson is a part of the NZW Planning Template team and is also an active member of the Colorado Water Innovation Cluster.
Omaha By Design / Environmental Element
Sustainable leadership. Mike McMeekin, President of Lamp Rynearson, served as a co-chair for Environment Omaha, a two-year effort to develop an Environmental Element to the City of Omaha’s Comprehensive Plan.
Walkin' Green! Some Sustainable Projects
Some favorite “green” features on a few Lamp Rynearson projects.
- Rain Gardens - we have one right in our own back-yard!
- Greatrock District Public Water Time of Day Rate Structure, Greatrock, CO
- Collin Stadium - used recycled tires for infill turf, Omaha, NE
- Rockbrook Village - natural channel design, detention ponds, Omaha, NE
- Shadow Lake - improved aquatic habitat through the integration of GPS technology, Papillion, NE
- Linden Estates - extensive green space corridor cited as a model for conversation design, Omaha, NE
- Cole Creek Stream Restoration - recreation of more natural stream through native vegetation, terraces, and redirection of the channel flow, Omaha, NE